Route Delivery Manager
Wash Cycle Laundry is the fastest, most convenient and sustainable way for urban businesses to do laundry. We are a triple-bottom line social enterprise committed to creating a launching pad into upwardly mobile careers, especially for people with histories of incarceration and homelessness, who make up over half of our diverse and enthusiastic team. We recently established our biggest plant ever in Chelsea, MA and looking for people to help launch this growing team.
The Route Delivery Manager makes pick-ups and deliveries of laundry, and manages the relationship with our important customers, responding to client requests and keeping our customers excited about using our services.
- Pick-up and deliver laundry and dry cleaning for commercial and institutional customers in your metro area using a company van or truck. None of our trucks require commercial drivers' licenses to operate.
- Drive safely, legally, and respectfully, and meet your customers' expectations for on-time deliveries.
- Present a friendly, dependable, and upbeat face of our brand.
- Think and communicate through unexpected situations -- whether its traffic, a delay at the plant, or a flat tire, you'll find a solution and make sure your customers and teammates know what they can expect.
- Build a community with your teammates, thanking them for the work they do to support you in your job. After all, if the laundry doesn't get processed on time, you can't deliver it on time, and vice-versa.
- Lead periodic inventory counts at our customers' places of business.
- Listen to our customers, and report back to our production managers on our customers' ideas, requests, and complaints.
- Experience with urban cycling is a plus, but not required for this position.
Route Managers are employees of (not "partners" or "independent contractors"), and start at $14.50/hour + commission. Route managers who work over 30 hours per week become eligible for health insurance, life insurance, and disability coverage and other benefits available to full time employees.. Part time route managers are eligible for paid sick leave, and full time route managers are eligible for expanded paid time off.
Wash Cycle Laundry Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.
- Must be available to work a flexible five day schedule that includes at least one weekend day a week.
- The company provides all vehicles.
- One or more year driving a full-size van or box truck is a big plus.
- Must be able to lift and sustain weight of up to 50 lbs.
- Spanish language proficiency or fluency is a plus.
- A strong commitment to social impact and a triple bottom line approach to business.
- Good sense of humor, enthusiasm and patience to work with colleagues with limited formal qualifications.
- Valid Driver's License Required