Philadelphia Route Delivery Manager
Founded in Philadelphia in 2010, Wash Cycle Laundry is the fastest, most convenient and sustainable way for urban businesses to do laundry. We are a triple-bottom line social enterprise committed to creating a launching pad into upwardly mobile careers, especially for people with histories of incarceration and homelessness, who make up over half of our diverse and rapidly growing team.
The Route Delivery Manager makes pick-ups and deliveries of laundry using cargo bicycles and company trucks, and manages the relationship with our important customers, responding to client requests and keeping our customers excited about using our services. Wash Cycle will provide necessary personal protective equipment (PPE) such as gloves and masks.
- Using a company van, truck, or cargo bicycle, pick up and deliver laundry for commercial and institutional customers in the Philadelphia metro area. None of our trucks require a commercial drivers' license to operate.
- Drive and bike safely, legally, and respectfully.
- Meet your customers' expectations for on-time deliveries.
- Present a friendly, dependable, and upbeat face of our brand.
- Think and communicate through unexpected situations -- whether it's traffic, a delay at the plant, or a flat tire, you'll find a solution and make sure your customers and teammates know what they can expect.
- Build a community with your teammates, thanking them for the work they do to support you in your job. After all, if the laundry doesn't get processed on time, you can't deliver it on time, and vice versa.
- Lead periodic inventory counts at our customers' places of business.
- Perform basic upkeep and maintenance on the bicycles that you use for deliveries.
- Listen to our customers, and report back to our production managers on our customers' ideas, requests, and complaints.
Route Managers start at $13.50/hour. Route managers who work over 15 hours per week become eligible for health insurance, life insurance, and disability coverage and other benefits available to full-time employees. Full-time route managers are eligible for paid time off.
Wash Cycle Laundry Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.
Valid driver's license required. The company provides all vehicles.
- Must be available to work a flexible five-day schedule. Shifts typically run from 7:30 AM until completion of deliveries.
- Must be able to lift and sustain weight of up to 50 lbs.
- One or more year of experience driving a full-size van or box truck is a big plus.
- A strong commitment to social impact and a triple bottom line approach to business.
- Good sense of humor, enthusiasm and patience to work with colleagues with limited formal qualifications.
- Confident, safe, experienced urban cyclist, capable of safely riding a bicycle through difficult weather and traffic conditions. Experience with cargo hauling a plus.
- Ability to tow up to 300 lbs of cargo on a bike along level or slightly inclined ground without the assistance of a motor.