Laundry Team Member, Philadelphia
Laundry Team Members are the backbone of Wash Cycle Laundry operations -- they wash, dry, press and fold our customers’ laundry quickly, efficiently, and at the highest quality standards. Laundry Team Members provide our customers with everything from clean bed sheets to patient gowns, encouraging each customer to return for repeat business.
- Creating and maintaining a safe environment and performing all tasks in a safe manner.
- Working as part of a small team, processing soiled laundry and linen items, including sorting soiled laundry, loading washers and dryers, moving material around our facility, and folding or pressing clean linen.
- Following our operations handbook, which specifies the way in which each step should be performed.
- Communicating effectively with coworkers and supervisors.
- Following all safety procedures set forth by management and Team Leaders.
- Recording work performed in an online computer system.
- Maintaining the cleanliness and organization of our facilities.
- Other tasks as required by the business.
- Commercial laundry experience preferred, but not required.
- Willingness and ability to perform manual tasks over the course of a shift.
- Curiosity and eagerness to learn new things.
- Effective communication skills regarding organizing a team’s work, handling issues, and communicating personal needs with coworkers and supervisors.
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Basic computer skills in order to operate Wash Cycle Laundry’s database and timeclock systems. Familiarity with email, passwords, and other internet basics.
- Wash Cycle values promotion and advancement of team members and seeks front line
*Hourly compensation starts at $11.70 / hour, plus sick leave.