Chelsea Laundry Team Member Second Shift - 3:30 PM - 12:00 PM (Second Chance Employment Opportunity)
Clean Laundry. Clean Slates. Clean Planet
We are inspired by a group of non-profit social enterprises, like Greyston Bakery (Yonkers), RecycleForce (Indianapolis) and Homeboy Industries (LA) that create second chances for people overcoming incarceration, homelessness, and other significant barriers to employment, which is a critical factor in combating recidivism and mass incarceration.
We set out to create opportunities for similar job seekers, but using a for-profit business as the vehicle. Our aspiration is both to create hundreds of second chance jobs ourselves, and impact how the whole private sector thinks about where to seek talent.
The Role: Laundry Team Member
Laundry Team Members are the backbone of Wash Cycle Laundry operations -- they wash, dry, press and fold our customers’ laundry quickly, efficiently, and at the highest quality standards. Laundry Team Members provide our customers with everything from clean bedsheets to patient gowns, encouraging each customer to return for repeat business. We are hiring for our new second shift, which will run from 3 PM to 10:30 PM.
- Creating and maintaining a safe environment and performing all tasks in a safe manner.
- Working as part of a team, processing soiled laundry and linen items, including sorting soiled laundry, loading washers and dryers, moving material around our facility, and folding or pressing clean linen.
- Following our operations handbook, which specifies the way in which each step should be performed.
- Communicating effectively with coworkers and supervisors.
- Following all safety procedures set forth by management and Team Leaders.
- Recording work performed in an online computer system.
- Maintaining the cleanliness and organization of our facilities.
- Other tasks as required by the business.
- Commercial laundry experience preferred, but not required.
- Willingness and ability to perform manual tasks over the course of a shift.
- Curiosity and eagerness to learn new things.
- Effective communication skills regarding organizing a team's work, handling issues, and communicating personal needs with coworkers and supervisors.
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Basic computer skills in order to operate Wash Cycle Laundry’s database and timeclock systems. Familiarity with email, passwords, and other internet basics.
Hourly compensation starts at $13.25 /hour, plus sick leave.
Wash Cycle doesn't just accept diversity — we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our services, and our community. Wash Cycle is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer.